Shape Magazine recently named the Golden Door one of the Top 10 Fitness Spas worldwide!
Create your ideal fitness week with classes woven into each day's schedule designed to train the beginner and challenge the expert.
At the start of your Golden Door fitness spa vacation, consult with your Personal Program interviewer who assists you in selecting classes that help you meet your goals and satisfy your individual preferences. You will be matched with a Fitness Guide — your mentor and coach — who provides one-on-one counseling, monitors your progress, and adjusts your schedule as needed during the week. Learn to use the most current fitness techniques and equipment, as well as participating in ancient disciplines like tai-chi, yoga, and meditation. This premier fitness spa resort offers:
- State-of-the-art fitness facilities, 7 gyms including 3 group exercise studios, a hilltop Inner Focus Retreat for the meditative arts and private fitness sessions, a Pilates Studio, a group cycling room, and a 2000-square-foot equipment gym; two swimming pools and a Kiatsu water therapy pool; tennis court; and solarium
- Hiking trails, 20 miles of private mountainside-meadow trails, suitable for all skill levels
- Cardiovascular classes, including cycling, cardio boxing, outdoor cross training, running clinic, cardiomax training, super circuit, and sports conditioning
- Flexibility training, offering a variety of classes that enhance range of motion
- Water classes, featuring cardiovascular fitness, toning, flexibility, therapeutic, and aqua yoga
- State-of-the-art fitness therapies, derived from the latest technology and science
- Dance and fun for all fitness levels including specialty classes with influences from around the world
- Strength, balance, core and posture training classes
- Yoga, for beginner, intermediate, and advanced practitioners
- T'ai Chi, to clear your mind and tone your body
- Meditation, in our quiet labyrinth or tree-top Inner Focus Retreat
- Active Aging Program, designed for the 55+ population, but relevant also to beginners and those who have physical restrictions or injury concerns. Key components are balance, fall prevention, and bone health.
- Private Sessions (at an additional fee) for more in-depth, one-on-one training in the area of your choice. Download our Private Sessions Menu